Working together to create a greener, safer, and more prosperous South London
What is BIG Design Lab?
It’s a series of collaborative, creative and interactive events which will bring together a mix of participants from across our South London communities to develop solutions for a particular societal challenge.
Throughout 2023, we will run 12 half-day challenge events across the five BIG South London boroughs, each focused on a different local, real-life challenge. Challenges could include employment and skills, the climate emergency, revitalising our high streets, improving business resilience and productivity, health and well-being and reducing inequalities.
Design Lab is a collaboration between three prestigious universities: University of the Arts London, Kingston University, and the University of Roehampton.
Who should get involved?
Everyone and anyone who lives or works in South London, including:
- businesses and non-profit organisations
- individuals / local residents
- academics and researchers
- representatives from public bodies such as local boroughs, NHS, police, fire service etc
Why take part?
By taking part in the BIG Design Lab, you will:
- broaden your professional and community network
- have the opportunity to develop ideas and solutions that will improve the place you live and work in
- develop your creativity and problem-solving skills
- collaborate with key players in your Borough to create sustainable solutions.
Join our next session!
Building a Sustainable Future: Overcoming Supply Chain and Demand Challenges in Retrofitting
6 September 2023, 11:00 – 16:00, Kingston University Townhouse
The retrofitting of residential and commercial buildings is crucial for improving energy efficiency, reducing carbon emissions, and achieving sustainability goals. However, businesses involved in providing the goods and services necessary for retrofitting face significant challenges related to supply chains and the size of demand. These challenges hinder the efficient and timely execution of retrofitting projects, hampering progress towards a greener and more sustainable built environment.
Are you concerned about:
- improving your property
- saving resources and reducing costs
- reducing negative impact on the environment
- moving towards green energy production?
We invite businesses and residents to join us to explore challenges you are facing and come up with solutions!
Interested in attending?